We still have some candy leftover from Easter, including a white chocolate solid Easter Bunny up until this morning!
Since it may have otherwise gone to waste, I've been trying to come up with ways to transform them into new treats!
Today I chopped up that bunny and made some delicious Orange and White Chocolate Muffins!
Everyone loved them, even my husband, who isn't normally that much of a sweet tooth :)
And my son has improved his vocabulary to say "muffin" and "please" rather quickly! Haha
Here is the recipe to this delicious post Easter snack.
Orange and White Chocolate Bunny Muffins:
1 2/3 cups flour
1/3 cups cornmeal
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup sugar
6 Tbs vegetable oil
3/4 cup milk
1 orange - zest and juice!
1 solid white chocolate bunny, or a cup or so of other white chocolate, chopped into little chunks
1. Preheat oven to 400 F
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and zest from the orange.
3. In a measuring cup, mix together oil, egg, milk, and the juice of the orange.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix until it just comes together.
5. Stir in the chunks of white chocolate.
6. Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Divide the batter evenly into cups.
7. Optional - If you are a messy chopper like me, you probably have little shreds and minuscule bits of chocolate all over your cutting board. You can sprinkle those on top of your muffins :)
8. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes. Cool on a rack.
Enjoy with breakfast or as a snack!
Other ideas (I have yet to try) with Easter candy:
*Chocolate bar cupcakes (like Reese's, Rolo, etc)
*Cupcakes with Lindor egg center.
*Fruit dipped in chocolate fondue (made from melted Easter eggs)
* Whimsical Jellybean/White Chocolate Bark a la Pinterest
* Peeps s'mores
* Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Of course these work best if you actually have candy left over still from Easter! ;)
Otherwise it may be something to think about the next time Easter (or Halloween or valentines day) comes around :)
Happy Easter Weekend!!
This will be a busy one for us, after moving and having the gender reveal this week, and keeping all our other appointments with a busy toddler in tow, we are still unpacking boxes.
I might still try to make cute chocolate cupcakes for the family visits the next couple days.
But incase I don't get the chance, here are a couple photos of last year's bunnies and spring cupcakes to enjoy :)
As I've mentioned before we've been crazy busy with our move this past few days! But we were ambitious and decided to still have our gender reveal in the middle of it all!
We are all excited, as you can see in the outcome in this short clip!! :)
And here are a couple pictures I snapped in between all the moving boxes!
(Warning: watch the video first if you don't want to see the spoilers!!!)